Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other When a WordPress password protected page is not truly protected…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sly
    Participant

Hi,

I have a question and wonder if anyone knows the best solution. (I am assuming WordPress is best for this, but please correct me if I’m wrong).

I am building a website for a client and they need to be able to create password protected areas. As you know creating a password protected page is easy in WordPress – just create the page and click ‘Password protect’ and chose a password.

But… that is not quite water-tight. If my client uploaded a sensitive file onto the protected page, someone, though unlikely, could access that file via it’s url to the resource, ie:

http://my-web-site.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/sensitive-document.doc

It is unlikely that they could know the file name and path, but not impossible.

Is there a way to secure all the assets on the page completely?

Thank you very much if you took the time to read this.

Simon.

TheDoc

Hey Simon – an excellent question. I think there is a plugin for this, though I cannot be certain. I seem to remember checking one out, but the name has escaped me.

sly
    Participant

Thanks Doc,

I have been looking for one to do it but haven’t found it so far.

There is one called ‘Secure Folder wp-content/uploads’ which I am going to try out now.

If anyone knows of a plugin to protects the assets of the page, including the uploads folder please let me know.

Thanks,

Sly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.