Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What's the deal with "Quote," "Block Quote," & etc.?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No matter what is used they all act irregularly. I’ve had to go back time and again to get any and most of them to display properly. Almost as confusing as using Codepen. Geez! Are we supposed to highlight what we want to be blockcode, inline code, a quote, or just guess!?

__
    Participant

If you’re talking about here on the forum, I usually just type the markdown I want directly, like so:

> this is quoted text

a new paragraph, with _italic text_ and some **bold words**.  
    This sentence has [a hyperlink](http://example.com).  
    If you pretend that this apostrophe is a backtick, 
    then this is some 'inline code', followed by a code block:

'code code code
    code code code
    code code code
    '

If you want to use the buttons, yes, select the text first and then click the button.

However, you are correct that they are acting irregularly (especially the [code]-related stuff). I believe someone behind-the-scenes is tinkering with it, trying to make it work better… until they’re done, I’m afraid we’ll just have to deal with some oddities.

Anonymous
    Inactive

However, you are correct that they are acting irregularly (especially the [code]-related stuff). I believe someone behind-the-scenes is tinkering with it, trying to make it work better… until they’re done…….

Well, I hope they get it figured out soon as it’s very aggravating trying to figure out coding for our sites then how to get coding that should be automatic for this one to work too.

Thanks traq!

Paulie_D

From ChrisCoyier…(there is a Mod thread on it)..

I’ve been sinking tons of time and money and effort into fixing this and we’re only able to fix little parts of it here and there. It’s working better on the blog now, but might have gotten worse here in the forums. It’s largely a bbPress problem. I hope with even more time and money and effort we can fix it. That’s all I can do unfortunately.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.