Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What Will you Prefer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gandalf
    Participant

I have a question for All Forum Members. What will you prefer.

Professional Web Site || Facebook Page

Discussion Forum || Facebook Group

Personal Blog || Facebook Public Profile

nixnerd
    Participant

If you’re asking me… which I do not speak for the entire forum community but… I prefer everything on the left column.

I think Facebook is pretty much dead. Let me rephrase that… its demise has begun. It actually started a long time ago. I myself haven’t even had a Facebook account for about a year and even though I had one, I hadn’t used it in about 5 years.

You hear a lot of people say this but, Facebook was dead to me the second that my parents signed up for it. Right now, there is a HUGE shift away from Facebook among young people. It’s just really not cool anymore.

Cool factor aside, I think personal websites, blogs and discussion forums are all much more useful tools than anything Facebook has to offer. Stack exchange, Reddit and this site are so useful that I don’t know what I’d do without them. Facebook does not offer that kind of value to me.

For me personally, I don’t like the fact that when I use anything related to Facebook, I am the product. My data is valuable to them and they are harvesting as much as they can. Google and many other companies are no different and I get that. I understand we live in an information economy and the most valuable thing is data. However, there’s really smart ways to go about it and really obvious ways to go about it. Facebook does the latter with no real compelling service to offer me.

Instagram is kind of cool, but it’s really just selfies and food pics. Lame. I truly believe Twitter to be a revolutionary technology, so I interact with it WAY more than I do with Facebook services.

Gandalf
    Participant

@Joe_Temp Thanks A lot Sir, your Views means A Lot.. Thanks Agian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.