Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript What type of education did you get in order to become a web developer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    moodycoder
    Participant

Hey, guys, I am interested in pursuing a career in web development but I am unsure as to which path I should take. I currently have a Bachelor’s degree in Communication and I am teaching myself how to code using some popular online courses. I live in downtown Seattle and it seems that most of the employers here prefer a tech related degree in order to be considered for employment. I am now considering obtaining another Bachelor’s degree that is tech related. I have all of the prerequisites needed to major in Information Technology with an emphasis on Web Development, but I am unsure if this will help me obtain a job. I am debating on a web development certificate, an Information Technology degree, or simply teaching myself and hoping to land a job. My question to you is, what type of education did you pursue in order to become a web developer? Did you get a degree, a certificate, or did you just teach yourself with no degree? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.