Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What to use for making a cms for a property website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jo24

Hi,
    I have been asked by client to make a cms for a property website. I don’t know whether to use Joomla or not?
    Never made a property website before and not sure what to use.

Thanks,
    Jo

jamygolden

What does a ‘property website’ entail?

jo24

It is for selling and renting houses. The site needs show houses, calculator for working out mortages , content and contact form. Would Joomla be any good for building this with?

you can use this plugin in WordPress to make it a real estate cms site:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/great-real-estate/

jo24

I have never used Word press before but I would be willing to give it a go. Can you make your own template for Word press? I have a css and xhtml version made up already. Can you recommend a good link for tutorials for learning Word press?
    Thanks

ralc
    Participant

i would also reccommend wordpress, ive worked in joomla a couple of times but used wordpress a lot more. Joomla is a good cms but personnally i find it more difficult to customise in comparison to wordpress.

I think wordpress has an advantage because it has much more development work going on with it constantly where as updates for joomla are very sparse. Although a new version of joomla has just been released and it seems there is a bit more activity going on now. I have yet to have a go on the new version.

Learning to develop any cms will take a bit of time, if you going with wordpress the docs are pretty good and this site is good Digging into wordpress i would also highly recommend the digging into wordpress book.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.