Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What to do with my personal website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Hi,

I have a company website which I use to advertise my web contracting company.

But …

I also have my own personal website, jamesbarnsley.com

I am wondering what to do or put on the personal website now that I have my company website.

Any ideas?

James.

chrisburton
    Participant

Is it necessary? Are you receiving traffic? What do your analytics say for search queries and are they inline with your company website?

If not, use it for a blog or a playground for unused design/development work.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

No it has no proper traffic I could use for my other company website.

“If not, use it for a blog or a playground for unused design/development work.”

Not a bad idea.

But still you or anyone else got any other ideas? I want a list of them is possible.

chrisburton
    Participant

Just to clarify, I meant to say you should use it for a playground to show off your skills. You could also use it to sell unused design or development work.

But still you or anyone else got any other ideas? I want a list of them is possible.

Why? What answer are you looking for?

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

“You could also use it to sell unused design or development work.”

Another good idea.

“Why? What answer are you looking for?”

I do not know, was just interested in seeing what people come up with.

nixnerd
    Participant

I kind of agree with @chrisburton. I’m in the middle of setting up something similar myself.

I have a website for a business venture I’m starting with friends but will still keep my personal website up for a blog/playground/tutorial collection.

Also, a personal website is a good way to keep yourself available for other ventures/side projects or any other opportunity that might come your way. I really want to start a few projects right now but if I got offered the RIGHT job through my website… I might say yes to that too.

Chris Spooner
    has a few websites. So does Chris Coyier.

jainhost
    Participant

You can make use it as forum where the ‘real you’ could present thoughts or express opinion about one topic or another or Your web site could also take the form of a family album, a diary of your daily life, which you could easily share with friends and relatives.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas. Keep em coming people.

chrisburton
    Participant

You can make use it as forum where the ‘real you’ could present thoughts or express opinion about one topic or another

A blog would be more suitable for this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.