Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What software do you use ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

I tried Fireworks on a friends computer; certainly wasn’t a fan of it.

On Windows 7 (don’t hate)
    – Photoshop CS5 Extended
    – Illustrator CS5
    – Filezilla (FTP)
    – Sublime Text 2
    – other miscellaneous resources

I’m have a very similar setup to @ChristopherBurton except that I use Transmit for FTP (Mac only). Also, I do most of my web design in the browser, not in Photoshop or Fireworks (unless otherwise required). It allows me to experiment a lot more, and get a feel for how the design will behave in a responsive environment.

As an aside, I am looking into using this too (Mac only, for now): http://livereload.com/

districtweb

So what’s sublime? Also, does anyone use Skitch? If so, what do you use it for?

chrisburton
    Participant

Sublime is a text editor mainly used for development. http://www.sublimetext.com but download from this URL http://www.sublimetext.com/2

@districtweb I use Skitch for screenshots that I want to easily annotate. It’s pretty handy!

davidlab.be
    Participant

if you do alot in wordpress and some php or even a little php then hands down Phpstorm is simply an amazing peace of software. All I can say it almost reads your mind as you work. I am mac and pc user. I use textmate and coda…and I still get sucked back into Phpstorm…again amazing!

Ketan

Adobe Dreamviewer – For HTML/XTML coding.
    Adobe Fireworks & Photoshop – For Web Design
    SmartFTP – For uploading a website files.

Mottie

Check out this infographic; but make sure you read the comments ;)

districtweb

Nice @mottie ! It could be better, but def gives some good insight on what’s popular for most of the developers like us.

pcervantes

Dreamweaver and Sublime Text for coding, Photoshop for design, and Filezilla for FTP.

duydangle

Notepad++ for coding
    Photoshop for designing
    WinSCP for FTP

chrisburton
    Participant

Doesn’t anyone use Illustrator?

davidlab.be
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton i use illustrator for mostly the logo portion or more technical artwork and then move it along to PS or FW.

TheDoc

To further what @springlab said, I don’t use Illustrator on a day to day basis because I’m not doing logo work, etc.

WouterJ

On a window XP and windows 7:
    Vim for coding (and sometimes inType)
    – Chrome Dev. Channel as main browser (because the very very very good Webkit Web Inspector)
    – Mozilla, Opera, IEtester, IE9, Aurora, Chrome Canary and Safari for testing
    – Filezilla for ftp
    – Wamp2 as localhost
    – Visual Studio CSharp Express for C# programming
    – Git as version controll system and github for sharing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.