Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What ports does Grunt use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    launchoverit
    Participant

Our tech department is building me a Windows Virtual Machine for development and I’d like to be able to connect to it from my Mac and run grunt. Can anybody tell me what ports I should ask them to open in the Windows firewall for this? I know I’ll need to have them open the necessary ports for SMB at least so I can mount the necessary folder(s), but will grunt require different ports? Thanks!

Alen
    Participant

Why Windows? Why not Linux.

Not sure what you mean by open port, just SSH into the machine and run your commands.

launchoverit
    Participant

Hi Alen, thanks for the reply! I’m afraid linux isn’t an option for us because our CMS only runs on Windows.

I ask about the open ports because the VM they’re building for me will be on one of our servers (rather than running locally on my computer), so I’ll need to connect to it remotely to do anything. Thus they will need to open the necessary ports in its Windows firewall to allow me access. They’ll open ports for things like Remote Desktop and file sharing/SMB of course, but I’m just wondering if there are any other ports that Grunt might require. I’m hoping not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.