Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What learning level is appropriate for using processors?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jeffc

At what point in the learning coding process do you code-vets feel it is appropriate for someone to consider using stuff like SASS, Compass, Less, etc? I understand there are those who wouldn’t suggest it at all, while others now swear by it and use them daily.

I’ve been fascinated watching Chris using a global.scss in the Lodge videos: instant compiling and browser rendering, global color changes, etc. So for those of you who _do_ use these tools, when do you feel someone has enough of a grasp of the basics to benefit from them, and what walls might the unsuspecting beginner/intermediate run into along the way if used too early in their learning process? Thanks!

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

I would suggest to have some bases in regular CSS before digging into pre-processors, but you can have a try pretty much whenever you want.

Even if it gives some awesome tools to make CSS development faster, it doesn’t give anything regular CSS can’t do (since the final result is CSS). So it can’t hurt you I guess. ;)

jeffc

@HugoGiraudel Thanks for your response!

@andy_unleash Your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs were exactly what I was looking for; appreciate you taking the time to spell it out. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.