Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What language/technique should I use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m new at web design (learned HTML, CSS, page layout concepts, etc. within the last two years while enrolled full-time in college), and I’m trying to create a website for a student organization. It will be pretty basic, with probably <10 pages total for a home page, about page, events page, etc.

I wanted to set it up such that you don’t need to load the whole page to go between the different pages. One solution is to have one html page divided up into id sections like this Font Awesome website, but I dont think it would look right for the content of this website I’m making.

I was wondering what I should use to achieve this? I read a little bit about AJAX but I don’t think it needs to be quite that complicated. All I want is for the whole website to load when you first get to it so navigating between pages is more responsive. There’s not gonna be a whole lots of pictures so I don’t think it will be a problem to load the whole website.

sliver37

AJAX is pretty good for this situation and is pretty easy to use even without properly “learning” it, take a look at starting from a theme, especially a blank one like All Ajax Theme

PicnicTutorials
    Participant

It’s better on seo to make them all individual pages.

PicnicTutorials
    Participant

But to make it all one you can use jquery tabs.

tomrogers123

As has already been said, you’d probably be better off going with separate pages for SEO reasons not to mention it will degrade far more gracefully for users without JavaScript (it’ll just behave like a regular site).

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! From a quick Google search, I _think_ AJAX can be compatible with SEO so I’m gonna try that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.