I’m a little confused about which scripts I should use to accomplish my goals.
– I use the HTML5 DOCTYPE but rarely any other HTML5 features.
– I use a few basic CSS3 features here and there.
– I’m not particularly interested in supporting IE6.
– I’d like to get other IE versions to act more like a real browser, supporting as many selectors and CSS goodies as possible.
– I may occasionally want to use something powered by jquery.
– Modernizr is something I don’t see myself using much, but that may change.
So what JavScript options should I consider? And if I use several of them together, how do they interact? Any conflicts? I’ve heard that to improve performance, scripts should be last on the page, but that maybe some of them need to be in the
. What’s up with that?
As I understand it, some options are:
I’m probably missing some.
Can someone cut through the fog and help me get my head around all this?