Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What is your ideal calendar system? — input needed!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    brianatlarge

After working on a few sites for some clients that wanted their site to have a calendar for people to check on events, I found that there really aren’t that many good solutions out there.

Me and two other guys are talking about making our own calendar system and putting it out there for people to use, and I was wondering what you guys thought.

This assumes that you need to put a calendar on a website that didn’t use the wordpress calendar. It would be able to integrate easily with your current site design. It would support "themes" in the same way that wordpress does, in that you never change any of the "core" files to make the calendar fit with your current layout. The only files you would edit would be in a specific "theme" folder.

It would be written for PHP/MySQL.

All tables, rows, and cells would be clearly labeled with classes and id to easily target them in your CSS file.

The administration section would allow you to enter in events, set default views (month, week, or day view), and some other stuff I can’t think of right now.

This is all that I can think of right now. We’ve only tossed around the idea and haven’t completely hammered out the details. If you guys could give me some ideas of what you would want in a calendar system if you could make it ANY way you wanted, please let me know.

I want this to be the best freakin calendar system out there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.