Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What is wrong with firefox ? Or is it just me ^^

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dalecooper

Hi all, I have made this website and it seems to work in Safari, but not in Firefox. The iframe is not the right height in the later… I admit that I have tried different settings and sticked with what seemed to work in Safari.

Also, as I’m new to css, can someone take a quick look to tell me roughly what I have right and what I have wrong in the way I handled the whole thing. Please, it would really help me for my future work ^^

EDIT: btw, I used boilerplate’s css to reset the default, so you’ve got to scroll a bit to find the main rules, and again a little bit more to the media queries to find more.

Mottie

The issue is that the iframe height is set at 75%, but 75% of what? The html and body don’t contain elements that fill 100% browser height so the page stops about 275px down. If you look at the body height, it shows as zero. So you have two, maybe more, options:

1. Set the html, body & #container to 100% height, then set the article height to 75% to match the iframe size.
    2. Set the iframe height to a pixel height instead of 75%.
    dalecooper

Ok, thanks, it worked as expected. I need to keep in mind that a lot of functions depend on their parents^^

BTW, if I had put a height in pixel for the iframe (or any element), how would it behave on different resolutions ? Would it scale ? If not, how could I put a size in px and have it scale to the current resolution (except with media queries) ?

Mottie

Yeah, pixel heights won’t scale, but in the media queries itself you can define the pixel height of the iframe for each size. Otherwise you’ll need to use percentage heights.

dalecooper

ok, thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.