Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What is the best merchant processing solution?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smookedtrout

If you want to take credit card orders (or pre-orders), what is the best merchant processing solution?
    I’ve heard the PayPal and Google Checkout will freeze your funds if even a single person complains about your service to them.

smithmiller6

Hi I am new here and I am starting with your answerer. If you don’t care about the customer leaving your site:
    Amazon Payments (underrated in my opinion)
    PayPal
    Google Checkout
    If you need to seamlessly integrate a payment form in your site:
    -PayPal Payments Pro ($30/month for a virtual terminal and API integration, no contracts, 2.9% transaction, it’s really hard to find a merchant company that can beat this unless you’re talking in volumes).
    -Authorize.net coupled with the merchant company of your choice.
    When evaluating a merchant company, beware of contract stipulations, transaction fees, and monthly fees. My first provider was Cardservice International (one of the largest) and I used LinkPoint for the online gateway. I was paying $60-80/month just for the service! (transaction fees excluded) AND I was locked in a 2-year contract with an insanely high cancellation fee. One of their fees was a mandatory $20 "customer service fee" for access to their 24/7 customer service team. (WTF?)
    Just be careful when evaluating merchant companies. Try starting at your bank (as long as it’s not Chase, BoA, or Wells Fargo). Generally, local community banks or credit unions will have fair pricing and good customer service for merchants.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.