Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What is the Best Advanced website design tool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    codeaholic
    Participant

@Shikkediel

The whole issue of doing Jquery Mobile -or- Bootstrap is a tough one. I’m really working on a Mobile App first and foremost but one that can also reside and run in a web page if that makes sense. So, I THINK, Jquery mobile is the direction since everything I’ve read seems to indicate it’s more mobile responsive where as bootstrap is more for web site design. However, “my gut” tells me that both of these tools eventually end up in the “same place” approached from two different sides with Bootstrap containing everything including the kitchen sink. However, this is a little like predicting the future when you get into these things and JQuery Mobile could be non-existent in 2 years…who knows.

Shikkediel
    Participant

My guess would be that both will be sticking around for quite a while, especially jQuery. Bootstrap seems to be fashionable to use and may not have the same shelf life but I don’t see it disappearing quickly either. Although I find the table approach somewhat hacky and sort of a step back, it’s easy to use and very functional – hence it’s popularity, I guess.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.