Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design What is that blue box and how do I make it disappear?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chrisbailey1998
    Participant

I am totally new to coding websites, as it is a new module I am taking at University. Unfortunately I am completely rubbish at it.

I am currently trying to put a self portrait in the upper middle of my portfolio page, but there is a big blue box appearing around it.

This box only appears when I click to edit the code in CSS (Brackets software). It seems that it is blocking any other content from moving up into its space. The image is a fraction of the size of the box, meaning it is pushing content far down the page, rather than sitting snuggly above the text.

What is this box, and how do I make it smaller? I have tried adjusting the margin, padding and height and width with no luck.

Any ideas?? This is my first post here, I have mainly been going off other peoples forums post but I can’t seem to find any info on this issue.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

My html code looks like this for the image.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Sounds like a border to me…

w3schools.com/css/css_boxmodel

But it’s hard to tell without a demo.

bongda800
    Participant

new version web hard to use

Shikkediel
    Participant

Same web as it always was.

Ilan Firsov
    Participant

This box only appears when I click to edit the code in CSS (Brackets software).

You are using the live preview? it has an outline to show you what you are editing. You can disable this in the menus (view – live preview highlights). Otherwise no idea really…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.