Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What is better for faster loading time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yomoore

Hi,

Suppose you would have about 20 tables, each table has 3 tr and 5 td. So in total you would have 300 td (table cells). Each cell would contain a (different) background img, so 300 png img in total . My question: What would be best for faster loading time, like this:

CSS:
    .cla td{
    background-image:url(file/image.png);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: 12px 8px;
    border: solid 1px #ccc;
    cursor:pointer;
    }
    HTML:
    td class=”cla”

or like this:

CSS:
    .cla td{
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: 12px 8px;
    border: solid 1px #ccc;
    cursor:pointer;
    }
    HTML:
    td class=”cla” style=”background-image:url(file/image.png);”

So what is faster? I know normally it doesn’t matter. But I believe their could be a tiny small difference in the way the browser reads in the code and this tiny difference would multiply itself by (more than) 300 times AND THAN it could make a difference.

yomoore

Hi @TT_Mark

I think putting an img as a background is the only solution for me, I asked this question on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6800246/keep-table-cell-dimensions

And all the images are different anyway..

chrisburton
    Participant

First, are you using the tables for appropriate purposes or for your entire layout?

yomoore

Hi @ChristopherBurton

I’m not using them for my layout. So I guess for appropriate purposes. (but I have to say that I will keep most tables ”hidden” on my server and call them dynamically with Jquery (load event) after a user clicks something. But still I want to be on the safe side when it comes to loading time. I have read somewhere (-forget where-) that it DOES make a difference in how the code is written (css to html and vice versa) when it comes to loading time)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.