Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What front-end framework?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    VladimirKrstic
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve sharpened my skills in HTML/CSS/JS now i wish to go with some front-end framework. Which one would you suggest? What are cons and pros of them? Also what JS library would you suggest? As far as I know you should stick to only one library because of performance issue?

Thanks in advance.

DADE
    Participant

Is it really worth to use framework?

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@VladimirKrstic ,

Hey man, as far as junky stuff that makes your life easier on the web i stick with simple jQuery. The SCSS/SASS/LESS stuff i haven’t gotten into [i’m probably behind the curve] but i don’t really mind. If you want to challenge yourself, or maybe expand outside of the website realm, check out a post i made a while back. It’s about using PhoneGap to create simple mobile apps. If you know HTML && CSS && JS than you are golden. Once you feel more comfortable, you can jump into the native code whether that be Java || Obj C.

Check out my rant about the PhoneGap API.

yeeyang
    Participant

Foundation w/ backbone.js

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Normalize.css if you feel so.
    Sass & Compass.
    jQuery.

If you ever need a robust grid system, I’d recommand CSSWizardry-grids.

Johnslegers
    Participant

Check out [Cascade Framework](http://cascade-framework.com/ “Cascade Framework”) and [Cascade Framework Light](http://jslegers.github.io/cascadeframeworklight/ “Cascade Framework Light”).

Cascade Framework provides the optimal balance between feature richness and footprint and offers support for both old and new browsers.

Cascade Framework Light is a minimalistic version of the same framework, for people who need only its most basic features.

Both Cascade Framework and Cascade Framework Light have a modular architecture based on OOCSS, allowing you to only pick further optimise the footprint of the frameworks.

For Cascade Framework, the footprint of the CSS code varies between 2.5 kb and 44 kb.
    For Cascade Framework Light, the footprint of the CSS code varies between 0.3 kb and 2.0 kb.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.