Forums

• # October 17, 2009 at 1:03 am

Hi everyone,

When you create a new site and domain, whether for yourself or a client — what email addresses do you create?

It seems obvious to use "info@thedomain.com", but that’s quickly flooded with spam.

It seems there are several types of addresses you’d need:
    — The owner’s name @, for professional correspondence
    — Support @
    — Orders @
    — Surveys @
    — Info @ ??

I know it depends on the nature of the site. Just wondering if everyone uses info@, or if there’s a more professional yet succinct way to create an email structure.

This could be an interesting discussion, and I may write a blog post on the different points brought up. But mainly, I have several of my own sites, and am looking for some consistency without everything being info@.

Thanks!

Brett

# October 17, 2009 at 5:14 am

yea I ask the client too. Most like having personal emails for team members and a generic one like "support" or "info" depending on what the company does.

# October 17, 2009 at 9:00 am

one caught my eye the other day, when using a personal name as a domain name..

for example, people would like, joe@joe-bloggs.com which I always found to be a bit bizarre. This guy however had email@joe-bloggs.com.

ridiculously simple and glaringly obvious thing to use, but jeez.. so much nicer than saying your name twice in the same link.

# October 17, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Yea, I don’t have a "normal thing I do." I will normally make one email a catch-all account until it starts getting spammed.

"greg.mcausland" wrote:
    for example, people would like, joe@joe-bloggs.com which I always found to be a bit bizarre. This guy however had email@joe-bloggs.com.

I actually like that. I’ve got "ash {at} ashtonsanders.com". I met one guy who had something like "notchris {at} chris.com". I thought that was funny.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

icon-anchoricon-closeicon-emailicon-linkicon-logo-staricon-menuicon-nav-guideicon-searchicon-staricon-tag