Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What email addresses do you create/use for your domains?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brett

Hi everyone,

When you create a new site and domain, whether for yourself or a client — what email addresses do you create?

It seems obvious to use "[email protected]", but that’s quickly flooded with spam.

It seems there are several types of addresses you’d need:
    — The owner’s name @, for professional correspondence
    — Support @
    — Orders @
    — Surveys @
    — Info @ ??

I know it depends on the nature of the site. Just wondering if everyone uses info@, or if there’s a more professional yet succinct way to create an email structure.

This could be an interesting discussion, and I may write a blog post on the different points brought up. But mainly, I have several of my own sites, and am looking for some consistency without everything being info@.

Thanks!

Brett

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yea I ask the client too. Most like having personal emails for team members and a generic one like "support" or "info" depending on what the company does.

one caught my eye the other day, when using a personal name as a domain name..

for example, people would like, [email protected] which I always found to be a bit bizarre. This guy however had [email protected].

ridiculously simple and glaringly obvious thing to use, but jeez.. so much nicer than saying your name twice in the same link.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea, I don’t have a "normal thing I do." I will normally make one email a catch-all account until it starts getting spammed.

"greg.mcausland" wrote:
    for example, people would like, [email protected] which I always found to be a bit bizarre. This guy however had [email protected].

I actually like that. I’ve got "ash {at} ashtonsanders.com". I met one guy who had something like "notchris {at} chris.com". I thought that was funny.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.