Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What do you think of my website ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

@JamesBurton Possibly.

Edit: I just noticed this, where is your logo?

JamesBurton

@ChristopherBurton

My logo is (SiteSSL UK)

Does this type of design look good smaller like if i put @media

JamesBurton

@Paulie_D What do you think

Paulie_D

@JamesBurton The HTML from ChristopherBurton looks fine to me…I might have done it slightly differently but there is so little on the site it’s hard to comment.

The code will evolve depending on what you want the site to look like in various browser viewport sizes.

To be honest, I think you are coming at this from the wrong direction. What you need to know is what the site will look like when it’s finished and then code it.

Worry about media queries when you have a firm grasp of layout first.

I would suggest that you take the time to look though a few of the video tutorials available from net-tuts. They have a couple of walkthroughs that are excellent for new entrants to web design.

This is one: http://net.tutsplus.com/sessions/web-design-from-scratch/
    and another: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/site-builds/from-psd-to-html-building-a-set-of-website-designs-step-by-step/

JamesBurton

@Paulie_D How would you code it saw i can compare it

Paulie_D

As I said, I MIGHT have done it differently, perhaps not. If you don’t understand why I might make a made a particular choice then there is little to be gained.

What you have already been provided with should give you a better jumping off point.

You best option , if you really want to learn is to purchase a PSD template and try and code it on your own.

Supply us with a link to a live site once you have done so and we can critique that.

JamesBurton

@Paulie_D
    @ChristopherBurton

Thank you for your help

I Should you the website went it is finish

terryboxer

For aesthetics I would say it looks neat, except that it’s a bit derivative of this website.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.