Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What do you suggest?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Jeager

Honestly the ads you have right now are pretty lame. Sorry to be harsh. No real visual movement through them, type needs a lot of work, and your just adding thick blocks to all of them to put the type on.

Some suggestions: Stop centering all the text. Make a clear division with them by using different weights not different typefaces. You need to get better imagery and lose some of the boxes or fade them out. The last ad makes the guy look like he is floating. You need shadows to make it look correct. Another thing with your type – I think you chose the wrong ones. You have some very geometric shapes, like the perfect circles make it seem to playful. The last ad with the slab serif is fine, its bold type for a bold statement. But lose the boxes and find better images for it. Also try to summerize the title more. When you are reading a poster think about the context. People won’t want to stand around reading a long title. They want to be able to see a clear decisive title of about 3-4 words and if they find it interesting read more.

theacefes

Also check your spelling and grammar (see: stoping in the first ad). That first ad looks like it was pulled from the 70s or 80s. To me, it just looks old/outdated and not very interesting.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

Thank you @Jeager and theacesfes. Pls can you help suggest more ideas for the ads? thank u pls.

Paulie_D

Perhaps you should try educating the viewer as to how an ad for water is promoting smoking.

I like to think I am reasonably smart but I don’t see it.

If the viewer doesn’t see an issue then you have already lost them.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

The point is that most times, tobacco companies advertise bottled water, but they will use their company color to do that. They are indirectly pointing viewers to the main thing: tobacco smoking. These ads are not basically against smoking, but against surrogate advertising strategies used by tobacco companies.

Paulie_D

I get what you are saying…I just don’t believe it…..and that’s your problem.

wolfcry911
    Participant

The other problem is that you need to explain your ads – therefore they don’t accomplish their goal.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

You dont believe? This ad is been sponsored by WHO. Maybe you dont watch cable tv often. But do u know what is called surrogate ad?

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Google and wikipedia knows, but hard to find examples (as in videos or images). You have some?

Senff
    Participant

Wait. Are you actually saying that when I see an ad for bottled water somewhere, it’s actually created by a tobacco company trying to get me to buy their brand of cigarettes? I’ll need to see a concrete example of that.

(The fact that I’m asking this, is already proof that their ads, or yours for that matter, don’t get the intended message across. Getting a strong “conspiracy theory” vibe from this to be honest.)

Paulie_D

>You dont believe? This ad is been sponsored by WHO. Maybe you dont watch cable tv often. But do u know what is called surrogate ad?

I watch cable TV all the time…but I still don’t see a connection between advert for Evian and a packet of Marlboro.

Just be cause the ad is sponsored by the WHO doesn’t make it a ‘real’ problem to me.

As I said, that’s your problem…..I don’t see one.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

This surrogate ads usually take place in countries where adverstising of tobacco is banned. Then the companies now use indirect ways. Now take a look at [this](https://www.dropbox.com/s/quvfe0omgbmrs7v/a2.jpg “”) and [this](https://www.dropbox.com/s/jefv60psfh7ibis/a1.jpg “”).

What did u notice? Can u see that the kiss ciggrate sticks were designed to lok like candy stick, while that lady is licking a candy. She’s not smoking. But the ad is about cigratte.

Can u see the boxers? They are not issue here. Just look up at the right and see the ad.

I need a landmark ideas that can be designed to speak against these companies running sorrugate ads.

Senff
    Participant

Both of your links:

“Nothing Here – The file you are looking for has been deleted or moved.”

rodolpheb
    Participant

I can’t see any of your links either.

Don’t you take the problem from the wrong angle?

CodeGraphics
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.