Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What are you thoughts on Responsive Web Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ojdude

I’m just dipping my feet into Responsive Web Design. It’s been a bit of a head-spin, especially in the fact that it pushes you to re-think the process of designing a website, let alone building it.

So as I’m a relatively new Web Designer, I was wondering what my peers thinks about it.

What are you thoughts on the practice? How important do you view it in the future of web design?

Mottie

I haven’t done too much with responsive design yet, but I think if you want your pages to look good on a mobile device, then it’s essential.

I’ve used this page – you can save it to your desktop – to help me get a quick look at how the same page looks at different screen sizes.

WCMiller

I’m starting to look into it, and have begun fiddling around with some designs. I like the idea of being able to design for multiple set widths (320, 480, 768, 1024) instead of the older focus on fluid design; I mean, I like making things pixel perfect, so responsive web design seems like a good fusion of fixed and responsive. One thing I’ve noticed, however, is that a lot of pieces on responsive web design seem to be focusing on scaling down from a 1024 optimized default, but not many seem to talk much about adapting content to wider screens.

I’d also like to point people to Adaptive Images, as it seems quite useful if you have an image heavy site.

tobeeornot

It would be good to know if there are any online tutorials (free or paid) that give a breakdown of how to build a responsive site and any design considerations that needed to be taken into account.

TheDoc
    WCMiller

@TheDoc : Seconded. I’m really interested in what I’m seeing from these guys.

tobeeornot

Many thanks Doc.

jqueeng02

Responsive web design is developing a website design in a manner, that helps the lay out to get changed according to the user’s computer screen resolution. It’s important in this generation because of the mobile technology.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.