Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What are you listening to while you code?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Paulie_D

@JohnMotylJr.

Yep…normal working day here in the UK.

nwalton
    Participant

I’m really partial to [El Ten Eleven](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTUAHGpQqE “El Ten Eleven”) and Tycho when I need something chill. Lately I’ve also found that opera music kind of puts me in a groove, especially Mozart and Rossini. I love you, Spotify.

Shannendoah1

I tend to listen to a lot of heavy metal, speed metal, early 80’s punk rock, and dark 80’s new wave. For some reason it helps me focus and get into a problem solving mode. Chill music is more for my brainstorming mode.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@Shannendoah1 : Finally, i am not alone. That’s my style as well, anything fast loud and metal baby!

I am experimenting though and I am going to research (or search for research papers on the matter) of the effects on cognitive functions while listening to music. I did a paper on this a while back, in regards to heavy metal music, and the responses from the brain lead to a more care-free mood.

@nwalton
    : I’m sure classical music does add a creative or easy atmosphere.

I’m really happy with all this feedback. Personally when i code, its more back-end then mock-ups, design, etc. I normally have predetermined tasks that need accomplishing so i don’t need to be so creative as far as design, maybe architecture. So music is a big part of what i do, i am sure it is with you guys as well.

I’m trying to branch out from my norm and give some of your suggestions a try. For “chill” music i am currently giving “Of Monsters and Men” a try. They are a folk band from Iceland with a female singer. Also dabbling in “Mumford” and Sons, loving it so far.

JoniGiuro
    Participant

Everything! Really I listen from classical music to metal to rock and roll to rap. Some people would say I have no personality, I prefer the term “open minded”. When I’m working on something complicated it usually happens that the playlist ends and I don’t notice and keep working with my headphones in my ears like a complete retard.

alanshortis
    Participant

It really varies; the only thing that affects my selection is how complex my work is. The more complex the work, the less complex the music and vice versa.

Judith
    Participant

Often carstairs radio or another 50’s jazzy radio station via iTunes radio, or African music but it depends my mood.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.