Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What are you listening to while you code?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@chrisburton : There’s totally some yellow in there!

@joshuanhibbert
    : Totally rocked that rainymood site to sleep last night { loved it } and this one seems exciting as well..

@pmac627
    : I think i’m going to start playing post casts (i.e. ShotTalk) in the background while i code, maybe subliminally i will start coding better.

robertallen
    Participant

I’m a wierd one. I bounce around so many genres now. Matthew Good Band, Radiohead, Mindy Smith, Aerosmith’s first album, Dave Matthews Band, ELO, Scars on 45, Our Lady Peace…

I just don’t have a particular genre anymore.

I heart you Spotify.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@robertallen : I need to get into Spotify, when it first came out i never got an ‘invite’ so i never cared for it and kept using Pandora, now all i do is stream music from my xbox or find youtube playlists. Do you still need an invite or have to pay for Spotify?

Our lady peace = Back in the Day!

robertallen
    Participant

No, I believe it’s still free, but you have to put up with the ads every few songs.

Also, they claim you get better quality with a paid subscription, but I am not sure how much of a difference there is.

TheDoc

I roll through Rdio. Every person in the office has an account so it’s fun to jump into what other people are listening to.

matt_sanford
    Participant

I listen to dubstep a lot.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Music in the office = great times coding…

Until you look over at the guy banging his head and playing keyboard guitar, always comical.

pmac627
    Participant

@JohnMotylJr – [Frets On Fire](http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/ “Frets On Fire”)

Swedish house mafia & foster the people

simoncmason

Has to be BBC Radio 6 Music – http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/
    No ads, music from all corners and funny stuff too. Great for work.

Paulie_D

Mostly I’m listening to my boss whine about why I haven’t finished yet. :)

CameronDuthie
    Participant

Depends on the project but i find [Tycho](https://www.merchline.com/iso50/categorydisplay.5340.c.htm “”) is suitable for any situation.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Dang, i wish i could @* you all, you guys are adding some great stuff.

@pmac627
    : Yes! I totally can see some of the people i work with playing this.

@simoncmason
    : Just listened to Radcliffe and Maconie :)

@Paulie_D
    : Ehhh, what does he even know?!

@joshuanhibbert
    : Green or gold, you deserve another one, been night #2 ive actually slept really good playing that site on my phone.

I did notice a site called GrooveShark. Nothing super exciting but i think you can add local music and pick from their selections as well.

There’s also a Chrome Extension called YouZeek where you can listen to artists from all over the world. Thought that was pretty interesting.

Paulie_D

> @Paulie_D : Ehhh, what does he even know?!

He knows enough to give me deadlines …even if they are unrealistic….the b*stard!

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@Paulie_D : Is today a work day for you?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.