Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS weird spacing problem with a nav bar (bug?)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AzizLight
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    I have this simple test page with just a logo and a menu with list items, nothing special. I did some simple resets in the css, but the menu always have some space above and I am unable to remove it; I’m not even sure where it comes from. Firebug says it’s the ul tag. It’s definitely not a margin/padding problem since I reset those to 0 at the beginning of the css. Take a look at the page in question here. I don’t really want to have the nav bar at the top (I would have put some negative margins) but I want to remove that space so that I can manage margins and paddings (mostly paddings) better and not add a pixel here and a pixel there so that everything looks good and aligned the way I want.

I’ve tried a lot of things to remove the space above the little menu but I’m beginning to believe it’s impossible; is that a bug?

I’ve asked in the #css irc channel in Freenode and a person answered me that…well I quote:

Quote:
    < riven> AzizLight: ugh, I don’t often say this, but I don’t have a friggin’ clue what the hell is doing that.

Basically no one was able to give me an answer there, so here I am asking for your help.
    Does anybody have a clue about what is happening please?

AzizLight
    Participant

It works indeed lol.
    I don’t know what is happening. Anyway I rewrote the code from scratch (structure inspired by one of chris’ the videos – the one on creating a wordpress theme I think) and it also worked. Anyway, if I manage to reproduce the bug, then I’ll try to find some logic in it to find also the source of the problem.

Thanks for the help

Aziz Light

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.