Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Website styles advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Klamber
    Participant

Hello!

I present to you my work and a headache. I have no design background and I don’t think that I have any talent in this area, but I still like to do it. There is this old municipal website that we have here which is actually a template adapted for this site long time ago. The original template is something similar that is used here: http://mayflowernaples.com/

(My site has nothing to do with churches or christianity, church and the lighttower are some landmarks in our island)

After years current site has gone “rotten”. So I was thinking about redesigning it.
    There wasn’t enough inspiration in me to throw out the whole site and design something new.
    I went few steps back and used the original template for colors and fonts and added few things myself and removed some things. Redesigned it, built all up again from scratch.

But i am no good in deciding what color to use and what font is best. I like the header title font and that there is more space to breath without those nasty blue lines everywhere. It might be too blue now.

So help me out, please, and go nuts on the critique :)

(Sorry for site not being in english)

Current site preview

Redesidned page save

Original template used on this site

Thanks!

RioBrewster
    Participant

Watch your color contrasts. I’m thinking the blue for the links is a bit light. I would also make the blue background a dark blue, or even better, a dark gray so it doesn’t compete with everything else.

And the teal color on the headers is unnecessary. Use the same blue-gray color as your H1.

Finally, I’m not sure how many fonts you are using. One or two – one serif and one sans-serif – is all you need. And keep the letter spacing consistent. So if you want wide spacing on headers, do it on all headers.

Keep it simple. It’s easier on the eye and the css code. ;^)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.