Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Please review my website …

http://www.jamesbarnsley.com

Website purpose is to get clients needing “web applications”.

Johnnyb

If I can be totally honest with you, it just looks like a free wordpress theme that you’ve put some content into. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I just think you should maybe customize it a bit more to look less like a blog. Just little things, like for example on the contact and cv pages it says ‘comments are closed on this entry’ or something, it’s easy to remove that and it’ll make the site feel more like an actual site.

Also, I like the video blog, but how about if you don’t have much to showcase in terms of an actual portfolio then including a section that shows some experimental stuff you’ve done while learning how to make apps, just something for a prospective client to look at, I’d be hesitant to hire you without seeing ANY existing work.

TT_Mark

If you’re looking for someone needing a ‘web application’ then looks is not necessarily going to sell you to your clients.

In a way, I’m not really a fan of people claiming to be web application programmers using WordPress as their portfolio and then not building any cool customisations to stand them out from the rest of the crowd. Nothing really wows me.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Thanks for your input so far guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.