Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End website loads extremely slow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bones_Jones
    Participant

i did the tool.pingdom.com test and it tests out fine.

but on my computer and many others it takes about 10 sec to load the website.

link
    http://goo.gl/786zBn

any idea why this is happening? also is there a way to add a preloader on the images?

thx in advance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Caveat: I’m on a mobile phone, so haven’t seen your code or used any dev tools.

The issue seems to be that you are requesting all of your carousel images on page load.

You can’t preload the images. But you can request them asynchrously. This isn’t a php issue, though. Do make sure that your images are as small as possible. There are plenty of tools to help with this.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Loads in no time from the Netherlands. Test I did showed very slow speeds in Australia and Argentina only. I wouldn’t use a slider (since the images don’t slide) but a much simpler infinite fading sequence.

Alen
    Participant

@bones_jones you can further optimize the images. Google Page Insights is saying Optimize the following images to reduce their size by 401.6KiB (44% reduction). You can use this tool to help with that: http://compressjpeg.com/

In addition, you have some render blocking scripts like Google Fonts and you have 7 blocking CSS resources. You need to concatenate some of these files to help with requests and.or remove unused styles. Moreover, think about Optimizing Rendering Path

Site loaded for me in about few seconds, images took few additional seconds before they showed up.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.