Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WEBSITE hiding links”?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    reapaz1

Hey guys,

Why isnt there any code for the download button on http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/ in the sourcecode of the page? Is there a way for css to hide it? Im trying to retrieve the link ( that gets displayed when I hover over the download button with my mouse) from the sourcecode. This download button appears when you select a resolution from the dropdown list.

Thanks.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

There is a link, completely valid.

Click here to download

reapaz1

then how come i cant find it after searching trough the sourcecode with ctr F?

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

If you are looking for the _Download_, you won’t find it. It’s an image.

reapaz1

Im looking for the code that you just posted. I cant find it in the sourcecode. Instead I see this:

Select your desired resolution from the menu to the left, then click here to download.
    Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

I don’t think we are talking about the same thing.

Open the page with Chrome, Safari, or Firefox with Firebug installed, right click on the download button then click on Inspect.

You’ll see the code.

reapaz1

Ok. But why isnt it in the sourcecode of the page? (using view page source) Or better yet. How could I retrieve the link. You see I am writing in Java and I am able to connect and retrieve the page sourcecode, but the piece of code I need, the one you can find with inspect, is not in the page sourcecode itself. So Im wondering how I could retrieve that code.

reapaz1

@Benwalker Im trying to access that script, or see that function somewhere. How do I do that?

reapaz1

@BenWalker OK nevermind I got it : ) Firefox links you to the right directories :) so I clicked it. THanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.