Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

First of all i’d like to thank the owner of this site/the users for teaching me so much over the past few months. This is basically the first “proper” paying site i’ve put together. I’ve always known a bit of html/css but this is the first time i’ve used WordPress as a CMS or any CMS for that matter. At this point in time its about 80% done.

Anyway, the whole way through i’ve been using IETester to make sure the site is working across all IE versions except IE6. Obviously i had to fiddle a lot to make the site look roughly the same across all mainstream browsers. Today, i went back and had a look at the site in IE to find it completely stuffed.

The site is due soon and i’m kinda stressing out. There’s a good chance im missing something basic. I’ve tried disabling all my plugins, i’ve tried looking through my css for clues, i’ve tried looking through the php templates in case i’ve misplaced a code or something but i can’t find anything.

You can find the site here. Does anything know what could be causing the problem? Where should i be looking? It amazes me how it can look completely fine in other browsers yet completely broken in IE. I appreciate any help given. Thanks.

sliver37

Ouch that is a nice looking mess in IE, gotta love it :)

Firstly I would run it through here http://validator.w3.org/
    and fix up the errors that found.

For example as far as I can see

isn’t closed off, stuff like that you can sometimes get away with in modern browsers, though IE will backflip.

Anonymous
    Inactive

*shakes head*

You were right, it was the fact that div wasn’t closed off. I knew it was going to be something stupid like that! I wasn’t looking at the part of the template for some reason.

Thanks for the link, that’ll come in handy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.