Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eclipse

Hi guys, Anyone got some feedback for my website?
    I changed the layout again, so I’d like to know what you all think.

The site is written in Dutch because the main audience is as well.
    Or does anyone think I’d better make an all English site to widen the audience.

Anyone got any ideas about the footer, and what info to put in the right column? I’m currently thinking to put some services there.

Eclipse
    cybershot
    Participant

I would not have a background image under the text. it makes it really hard to read the text when you have an image of something behind the text. web design is two words, you have it as webdesign, unless that is how it is in your country?

Eclipse

As far as I know it’s written like that in my country, although I mostly see it written as “webdesign” in English as well.

I agree with your point on the background images, but without something there it looks really, really dull. Any ideas to spice it up a little? What about the header? There’s a lot of whitespace (black space) there ;-)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your quick reply.

cybershot
    Participant

what you need to do is find a website that has lots of designs on it and study them for ideas. I suck at design so I can’t tell you anything on that. As far as the background images looking bad. It makes you look bad if you put text on the screen that nobody can read. Never exchange function for looks. What good does your site do you if the visitors can’t read the information?

Eclipse

Thanks Cybershot

robst

Hi Eclipse,

I think the design looks good! I think you’ve got a strong logo and I like the graphical treatments for the header and navigation. Looks very good!

I would, as others have suggested, center or left-align the navigation….as it is now, it looks a little off. Also, I like the idea as Virtual stated with smaller social media icons. The positioning and size of the media icons that are on the homepage are throwing me off a little bit.

I think just a little cleaning up, centering, etc….is all that’s needed.

Best,
    Rob

WebDad

Eclipse, if you looking for another good WP book, check this one out:
    http://digwp.com/book/learn-more/

Eclipse

Thanks for your replies virtual and robst, I’ve adjusted the nav and images.
    Are there any other things you would alter?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.