Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website Debut :) Opinions needed :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vasko

Hello, I have recently started upon webdesign and I did a complete website for my father as a first “client” :) I wanted to post it here since I used alot of resources posted here for which I am really grateful, so anybody seeing their snippets in my site – a BIG thank you!

I tried to stick to minimalistic style as it suites the purpose – an architectural website.

http://archgarbev.cz.cc/

Any kind of opinions would be greatly appreciated:)

fjorko

Hi

Good work. I notice your contact form does not have an email regexp check in place. I can input any invalid email address and it will submit…

Vasko

Thanks for the feedback guyz :) much appreciated :) @fjorko my form has a regular expression, but its the simplest possible so I guess I will have to replace it with something better :) @Fourize thanks for the advice Ill look into what you suggested :) I am happy you like the site in general as it took alot of trial and error to get it to look that way :D

fjorko

If you find the perfect regexp let me know – I’m still looking ! :-)

fjorko

I need one for Jquery and PHP. I use both.

Vasko

Well I started searching today and tweaked it abit but its on my other laptop so I will post it tomorrow. I didnt know regular expressions were such a huge topic and issue :D As far as my site is concerned I doubt I need the most comprehensive expression – a basic one still does the work as long as people dont use the form to post spam and other unwanted email :D

fjorko

Ah….but the spam usually does not come from real people. Its origin usually stems from SPAM bots… that’s why you need to try and protect your form as much as possible against such things…

I’m also very new to all this stuff…but learning at a rapid pace ! :-P

Check my attempt at a site for a friend ( still in development )…. here

Vasko

@fjorko the site looks really good for a start :) I wanna start on my next project soon which will probably be some sort of site for myself :) Probably need some more tutorials on photoshop :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.