Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Website Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chanman

I am sixteen and have been working on my first site this one for about four months now, so if you think something needs to be changed or you have a better idea lay it on me. Thanks

OniLinkCR

Nothing loads, only the buttons… where is the content?

chanman

Are you talking about the home page?

chanman

The home page is a calendar and it takes a few seconds to load.

Johnnyb

My eyes hurt. Can I suggest maybe toning the colors down a bit? You can use bold colors without them being annoyingly bright, especially on the Registries. I had to look away when I opened this one up: http://www.cordialcottage.com/baby-registries-girl.php

I’d also suggest buying some software like Photoshop or similar, to create some better looking graphics, rather than just plain text on a solid background.

I’d give you more feedback but I can’t look at it any longer as it’s causing my eyes to go funny.

chanman

what color would you suggest?

OttoJuul

Hi Chanman,

Despite the colors i think its a very fine first website, trust me when i made my first website it wasent remotely close to what you have accomplished.

With that in min i will agree with JohnnyB here about the colors.

may i sugest to look at this site kuler this is a really cool site to if you want to learn wich colors matches eachother.

Goodspeed.

HoughtonA
    Participant

Yeah, solid square colors are boring. Another good site for colors is Pictaculous. Upload an image that you like and it gives you a short list of colors that complement it.

I’d change the zebra-striped background as well; like others have said, tone it down a bit.
    Otherwise, it’s much better than anything I did as a 16 year old.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.