Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    I just put up a new version of my website, and was hoping you could critique it.
    http://www.jamielproductions.com
    Thanks in advance.

Waffle

Well for starters, you’ve copied the CSS-Tricks Navigation bar.
    And personally. I just don’t like the colours, Purple, Green etc, it’s like you’re trying to make it look bad.

Brightonmike

The colour scheme is shocking, the fonts are crappy and difficult to read, and yeah…you kinda ripped off CSS Tricks nav.

It looks like a kindergarten website if I’m absolutely honest, it would only ever appeal to very young children. Maybe that’s your target audience.

TheDoc

Weird – don’t see the CSS-Tricks rip, but maybe it’s been changed already.

I’d say for the most part the code looks good – just gotta go back to the drawing board with the design.

chrisburton
    Participant

@TheDoc, it was almost a complete rip except the background was slightly different than what Coyier has. It was recently changed as I saw this when initially posted which in return is why I didn’t comment on it.

OniLinkCR

Copy or not, there are still issues that are way too bad. Color choice is horrendous, it’s way too rigid, too many boxes, etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.