Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Webpages are blank in iOS (and in some other mobile environments)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CameronK

My site is blank (white screen) in iOS – Same goes for some Android devices. The problem is definitely in the CSS (foundationsgc.css) – Or so I believe.

Could this be a … display:table issue? If it is – I have not been able to identify the offending code.

Site was built with Zurb Foundation and uses FreetileJS.

Problem started when someone helped me ie8 support – But I don’t know what they changed.

link: http://smartgridcanadaconf.ca/2013/

Any help/ideas would be awesome – Google searches only brought me unhelpful results (probably because I searched for the wrong things).

The site is live, but in production mode until I find the root cause of the problem.

***EDIT 1

**CrocoDillon** thanks – I have found one error
    TypeError: ‘undefined’ is not a function (evaluating ‘this.hide()’)
    It’s linked to the JS generated by Safari – Could it be a JS conflict (versions of Jquery)? I’ll try it.

***EDIT 2
    **Senff** thanks

You helped me figure out a really important piece in the problem by trying it –

Basically – Everyone who tries the site the first time sees it – Once the sight has been updated you will not see it – I have reset all Safari devices – Have tested w/ XCODE, actual iPhone 4S, and desktop Safari on iMac on iOS and Lion + BrowserStack – All have the same results – Blank / White screen

Still unresolved

Senff
    Participant

I actually don’t get a white screen on iOS, I see the page on my iPhone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.