Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Web Users Geo-IP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mathewl

I am trying to make a dynamic page on a website that uses the users IP for geo-location, mainly just need city and state info. I Am using a WordPress install on the site. I also have tried the snippet on Geo-IP and can’t get it to work at all.

Can someone help me with either using WordPress or a PHP script to get the users city and state info?

Thank you guys/gals for your time.
    Mathew

Hey, I would recommend you use MaxMind, if you unser the following codeinto your page you will have access to a lot of info.

Code:

If you visit the actual script page over at http://j.maxmind.com/app/geoip.js , you will see that it creates some functions for you to use. There are other ways to do it, but I find MaxMind has the most comprehensive database of IP addresses.

Just bear in mind that unless you pay for a service, getting this IP info will always be a little risky, because of things like accidentally picking up on an ISP’s server IP or something along those lines.

Good luck with it anyway!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.