Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web Hosting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ehcho

Hi Everyone,

I was curious as to what your thoughts are on the best Web Hosting companies? I’m looking to start my own website with WordPress running but also have a keen interest in PHP & MySQL so I will need FTP access to my web server.

I have looked at MediaTemple seeing as that’s what Chris Coyer recommends on his website. But the services they sell seem a bit overkill to me, but I may be wrong.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Morgan

TheDoc

Hey Morgan – you’re right, MT might be overkill in your case. I have a MT account where quite a few domains are hosted. I also just recently signed up for a StableHost account and I am loving it so far.

It was important to me to find a host that had good speeds for WordPress installs. I moved one client from a different host (might have been GoDaddy, can’t remember now) to StableHost and the increase in speed was noticeable. That was without optimizing any code, just changing hosts!

chrisburton
    Participant

Gray introduced me to Stablehost after I was having problems with my former host. No longer having issues.

I have used a few, but am currently using BigWetFish.

They have the best customer service I have encountered, and are always offering discounts/promotions.

I am also a member of their affiliates program, so basically, for every new member you instroduce to BigWetFish, you get 20% off your hosting for life. If you bring in five new members, then hosting is free for life!

It’s a great program, they are a great hosting provider, I highly recommend you checking them out.

davidlab.be
    Participant

Hostek by far. Call them and you will see.

bigwetfish
    Participant

Hi Joshua

Thanks for much for the recommendation we really do appreciate it :) Ehcho if you want a free trial of any of our services do not hesitate to contact us.

We have many many people hosting WordPress on our servers located both in the UK and East Coast USA.

We hope to have you on board soon :) Please follow @bigwetfish if you want to follow our Tweets :)

Ehcho

Thanks for all your replies.

It’s difficult to find the best host for you online with all the competition out there. BigWetFish seem to be the best choice for me so far, I will be in contact shortly. :)

Morgan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.