Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web Host!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Attila Hajzer
    Participant

Im starting to get very agrovated !
    this is my third host this month!
    i can not find a realiable web host that doesn’t crash or go down for a long time! im using host-ed (this morning) and the hosting website itself doesn’t work either.!

im furious! i just want to get a .com (later) im getting a job soon so i can finally pay for one (and get a small visa).

ccc630

mediatemple.net is extremely reliable, though not the cheapest. I also found justhost.com to be reliable, though service was slow (in my experience — I’ve heard others say they received good service there). I’ve never had any down-time on either host. Hope it helps.

joebob

(mt) might be ok for a single site but if you manage a bunch of sites I cannot recommend them. I also cannot recommend Godaddy hosting for anything more than a simple personal site.

griffinjt

Never had any issues with HostGator. If you are looking for reliable, don’t do a shared server. Get a VPS.

gooflett

Unfortunately there are a ton of hosting options to choose from. Sometimes you don’t know what you have until after you go through all of the work to set everything up.

I have used 1&1, godaddy, bluehost and hostgator. My main issue I had was lack of support or human connection and I was not sure of how the operation worked. I then found Canis Hosting. It is a one man show in Michigan and he is EXTREMELY helpful if you need help transferring domains or anything like that. The cool thing is he can scale to meet any site needs. If you want small-town hospitality without the overseas long distance phone calls… you should check him out.

joebob

@JoshWhite I can’t speak for (gs) as I know they work completely different but when they come out with the next greatest (dv) version you will be stuck where you are. They do not offer a way to easily migrate and they don’t even offer to help, even paid help. I begged. We were managing over 100 sites on a php4 (dv) and we were stuck with a monumental task ahead of us if we wanted to move to the latest (dv). Also, a customer with their own (gs) account was offline for a few days recently due to scheduled maintenance gone wrong.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.