Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web Design / Mac or PC?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Indiana.Matt

I have been looking to take some web design classes at a local college and one on the colleges said they want their students to work on PC’s instead of Mac’s. What are your thoughts on this? I have a Mac and would rather stick with it. Why would a college specify a PC over a Mac for a web designer?

Probably due to school ICT staff preferring to deal with Windows systems. Windows machines are easier to set up on large networks and to connect to printers (apparently).

I work for a government school, and our tech hates the few of us that use Macs!

TheDoc

Use whatever you are comfortable using. I was forced into working on a PC at a particular firm for a few years, but that’s because their entire system was set up on it. Didn’t stop me from owning Macs at home and spending a few days (excitedly) working from home.

Fortunately, I know work in an office that is 100% Mac.

At the end of the day, though, it’s purely personal preference. If you don’t want to give up your Mac, try figuring out a solution.

dfogge
    Participant

your main machine should definitely be a mac, but if you need a PC i recommend buying a $200-$300 netbook. preferably one made by toshiba as theyre pretty durable compared to most other brands.

zackw

Its purely personal preference. I use a PC and so do a few others I work with, while others in my office are doing the same job using MAC’s. To be honest the best thing to do is get to know both machines and OS, but its really hard to say if one is better suited for a task then another. My PC is more powerful than most macs and was half the cost.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.