Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web design in Photoshop on retina screen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    samjferguson
    Participant

I have recently been using a MacBook Pro retina for work while travelling abroad. I have a question which has been discussed on the Adobe forum (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1245069) but I would like to see what the CSS-Tricks community thinks about it.

The first stage of my web design workflow begins with a Photoshop mockup, I’ve tried Sketch but prefer to put together a quick concept in PS before moving to the browser. I usually create a 1400px width document, however on the retina screen the image appears smaller than what you would expect to see in the browser as a single pixel on a retina screen is smaller than a pixel on a non-retina screen. This causes a bit of confusion because it would be great for 1px in PS to match what you see in the browser. There are a few suggestions to get around this problem and this is what I would like your opinion on.

Do you create the document at 1400px width and then zoom to 200% to see what it will look like within the browser, although it will appear blurry?

Or

Do you create the document at twice the width (2800px), but then all your font sizes etc will also need to be doubled?

Or

Do you open photoshop in ‘low resolution mode’, losing the point of having a retina screen?

Or

Do you have an alternative?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

josh
    Participant

I double the resolution of the document. I’ll need that for my @2x assets anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.