Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web design critiques pls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chester
    Participant

Hi,

[design here](https://www.dropbox.com/s/0olz7gsd29f01un/spice-2.png “design”)

I’m designing a website for an indian restaurant. Though its not really done, I would like to ask for critiques about it. Honestly I’m stuck on what to put on it. Please suggest any ideas about it.

Thank you.

PixelClaw

Try using standard web fonts, Open Sans is a great font that looks awesome on all platforms. You should try it and replace the custom fonts you added. Also, make the section font a bit bigger but keep the size of the white space of the first line in each paragraph.

Cheers!

vhinmanansala
    Participant

making the image the same width of the whole website will add some effect

apart
    Participant

making the image the same width of the whole website will add some effect

Either this or make the background image position:fixed and size:cover which will then be for every resolution perfect :)

Chester
    Participant

Thank you guys.

@justdan
    , @JoshWhite The image is actually a slider(maybe the Fade effect is better). Yeah i’ll try to play around the colors of the links coz’ really they’re not so readable on some of the slide’s images.

@PixelClaw
    Thanks, I’ll look on those web fonts to give a better performance also.

@vhinmanansala
    , @markomarkogame
    My first design was a full screen slider, though I discontinued because I’m having hard time making all my text readable. And I tried it on a 21″ screen and I don’t like it. It’s just too big. Looks good though on my dev’ laptop 14″.

BTW, should I just go for a one-page site or multiple pages? And what icon is best suited for the “About Us” menu?

Thanks again.

vhinmanansala
    Participant

@chester, you could also use this http://unslider.com/ just in case you’ll go for the full width. This also comes in responsive. Hope that helps :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.