Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web App Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Junni
    Participant

I am going to ask you, about some Web App Ideas, to make a web App , Now a days am working in php & mysql and Codeignitor , i want to make web app which may take 2 or 3 months to make and also have a scope of Final Year Project also.

E.g Facebook Fan Page Schedule posting app.

i have no idea that what to make, i want your favors in the form of some innovative ideas..

Please do Comments….

Thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

What is the purpose of this?

Junni
    Participant

The purpose is to make a Web App for my Degree project, am asking for some innovative idea from you…

chrisburton
    Participant

That’s basically asking us to do your homework.

TheDoc

Build something that you want to use.

Alen
    Participant

Build an App to track your billable hours.

__
    Participant

Build an app to track the hours you spend building apps!

Junni
    Participant

@chrisburton , actually a big NO. am not so much familiar to new technologies , you are old users and have so much information about Apps and all the stuff like that, thats why am asking you all…

@Alen and @traq thanks for your comments i will consider you ideas,

TheDoc

@traq was joking…

chrisburton
    Participant

I see. I would have to agree with @TheDoc.

Junni
    Participant

@TheDoc , is this really it? Innovations are those things which you use? completely disagree sir. sorry

chrisburton
    Participant

Junaid, what @TheDoc is saying is build something that you would enjoy using or find useful. What you need to do is find what that is. No one is going to do the hard work for you. When you figure that out, then we can point you to APIs, etc.

__
    Participant

@traq was joking…

…and I certainly wasn’t trying to be unkind. But yes, I was joking.

Now, again, I intend no offense: in fact, you are far from being the first person I’ve seen ask this exact question in this same situation. It just seems like an odd problem, to my mind.

How is it that you’ve come to your “Final Year Project” and you still need someone else to feed you ideas? If this is the “final year,” I assume there’s been at least one other. Even one year is a decent amount of time. How could you sit through this education without becoming interested/excited enough about the subject that you wouldn’t already know what you wanted to do (or at least, have a few ideas to decide between)?

If this is the field you want to make your career, I would imagine you’ve seen at least one or two websites or apps or somethings that made you think to yourself, “yes! That’s really cool, I want to do that!” Yes? Maybe? That is where you should start looking for ideas.

@chrisburton is also right in that you need to figure this out yourself. No one “doing the hard work for you” isn’t a punishment; it’s simply that no one else can do it for you. If your project is to be successful, it needs to be something that you are interested in and that you can wrap your mind around and that you can decide what needs to be done with.

Final projects aren’t about following directions, they’re about creating your own directions.

TheDoc

Innovations are those things which you use? completely disagree sir. sorry

Well, I guess we happen to disagree! Innovation occurs when there’s a market need for something and a new product or idea comes along to fill that need.

The easiest way to figure out what the market needs is to look around your own life and figure out what you need. Chances are you won’t be alone!

__
    Participant

The easiest way to figure out what the market needs is to look around your own life and figure out what you need. Chances are you won’t be alone!

Hmm. I need a cheeseburger. Who’s with me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.