Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Wallpaper thread

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

Wow. Beautiful.

I was in this little boutique the other day and I accidentally snapped this photo with my phone:

I thought it kind of looked like a Windows style wallpaper. So, I tweaked the colors a bit and put a blur on it and it almost does!

chrisburton
    Participant

nixnerd
    Participant

That’s so cool. I need one where it’s snowing for winter.

chrisburton
    Participant

I tried finding one. Spent hours, actually, but the cinemagraphs I could find were too small for a wallpaper. Plus you have to do some hacky stuff to get it to run.

nixnerd
    Participant

You know… I always wondered about having a “live wallpaper” on my desktop. I wonder if there’s a Linux package out there that would allow me to have a pure CSS desktop. That would be super sweet.

Jimmy
    Participant

I love the pics that are taken without the intent of being a wallpaper/background. Somehow they always seem to be more perfect? The background I use is of Baltimore City around 5 in the morning. I was finishing up some work at the office, girlfriend asked where I was, so i sent a picture of the view out the window as an explanation of sorts and vuala:

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.