Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Wakki design?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mimo

Hi Chris and everyone else who reads this forum

Not long ago I was involved with a couple of friends in this website where I did mainly the design work.
    I know the design isn’t something I am really proud of but something had to be done quick for my developer friend to code and get on with it.
    I am currently re-designing the site from the ground up keeping just the logo from the old design, into something more efficient and better looking. I am also learning css because I want to be more involved in the building up and knowing more about the technicality of being creative too.
    The present site address is: http://www.wakkipedia.com and i will keep you posted on the relaunch.
    It will be great if you guys could spend few minutes and give me a valuable feedback. I am sure that the contents will also put a smile on your faces and if you rally got more than two minutes you can try the Quiz.

Happy New Year
    Mimo

craigfarrall

Hi,

I agree the website does need a refresh lets say, new year new design and all that I say.

Here is my critique and possible improvements:

– Firstly I am put off instantly by the amount of advertising on the website, sure we all need to get paid but at the expense of losing people coming on the website? I would certainly lose some of that, or if you are determined to keep it, keep it in one place and not spread all about the website.
    – i feel the website needs to be structured more, having things aligned would help this alot.
    – The website has to many things up in my face straight away, the header area has well to much content and seems really squished together, only include the necessary.

What I would do now, is look around some CSS galleries such as cssmania.com for example and get some ideas, then with a piece of paper sketch out a few alternative designs, and just go crazy in photoshop or the software your most comfortable with, and only once your fully happy with the design then code it.

Once you are at that stage, be sure to ask for help in the CSS forum, we would be happy to help.

Hope this helps a bit

mimo

Hi Craig
    and thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.
    I was already thinking that the advertising is too much and in fact has been cut down to a bare minimum in the new redesign that I still have in a sketched format.
    I agree with all the other points too and I thank you for your valuable time.
    Bests
    Mimo

craigfarrall

No problem, any time.

Just give me a shout with your new design and I would be happy to help you through it.

mimo

I would like to thank all the visitors who had a chance to look at my message and the few that even bother to check the website. Obviously it would be nice if like Chris you leave your opinion, which will be highly appreciated.

mimo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.