Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Visual Configurators

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    thinkofmedia

Does anyone know how to approach making the attached websites makeup kit. http://www.taaz.com

I’m looking to do a version elsewhere but not sure the best pace to approach doing so.

I’ve tried adobe scene 7 but there product is rather expensive £7000 plus.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Well that be all done in flash of course… as for how you go about it? Get really good at flash lol Sorry I have no clue about flash anymore… well other than making animated banners lol

I did find out one thing though, I should never become a make-up artist… well unless I only work for clowns, hehe

thinkofmedia

Thank you Rob. I’ll research Flash a bit more then.

Matt

It’s made in Adobe Flex 4 (will be soon known as Flash Builder 4) using Adobe Catalyst for the UI. If you want to learn Flex, I recommend this and this from Lynda.com.

Cheers!

thinkofmedia

Thank you Matt.

Also into learning new tools. Hopefully not to code heavy though

Matt
    "thinkofmedia" wrote:
    Thank you Matt.

Also into learning new tools. Hopefully not to code heavy though

It’s about as code-heavy as you want it to be. I like to put together my visual interface first and then hook all the components together later. Near the end I usually connect it to a backend (breeze since Flex Builder creates all the programs necessary, and leaves simple commands such as "Create", "Read", "Update", "Delete" for you, instead of having to pass complicated strings to the server).

Get a copy of FB with it. Flex Builder can generate around 95% of the difficult parts of the code for you with a couple of clicks.

thinkofmedia

Thanks once again. How much would you charge for a similar product to the make up app on http://www.taaz.com

I’m comfortable designing the user interface and all that side its just the coding behind it. I’ll do my best to follow your instructions with flash builder etc.

But how easy is it to create an upload to the tool to work with?

Matt

It really depends on the implementation you choose. Are you using PHP? ASP.NET? Ruby on Rails? Flash media server? ColdFusion? Are you just sending a file through a pipe to another Flex/AIR application?

Though, you can find most tutorials for this kind of stuff on Google. I never really went to Adobe much for help with Flex. I just watched Lynda Essentials and BTB and then done some tutorials for certain aspects and it all culminated together.

And for the money aspect, who do you plan to charge for the service? Client or the Consumer?

thinkofmedia

I would be doing this for a client. So the tool would be a free option to use on the site.

The file upload would be a picture for which the tool would add make up too.

This would be integrated into a wordpress site community lead platform.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.