Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Visitors still seeing old web page…why?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cruz

When I update an html web page and load it on the server and then view it, I still see the old cached page. I know I can easily F5 it, BUT other people who view the updated pages are seeing the old cached page. I’m worried that visitors to the site are getting outdated information. :( How do I insure that my updated page will be viewed correctly? How can I tell the server to use the new page? I’m so perplexed. I could sure use some help.

Makeshift

html:

Code:

insert this in the head of your website. (this method is known for not working with internet explorer.)

php:

Code:

insert this before head section of your website.

Cruz

Thanks! :D That is an easy fix. I found this site that has all kind of information I thought to share: [url]I looked it up at http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/cachi … .html#META[/url]

Cruz

I actually put this on the html page. Will I have any issues with recording stats in Google Analytics?

<META Http-Equiv="Cache-Control" Content="no-cache">
    <META Http-Equiv="Pragma" Content="no-cache">
    <META Http-Equiv="Expires" Content="0">

I also saw something on htaccess cache control, but I don’t understand how to us it. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.