Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Visitor counters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gary Pickles
    Participant

I’ve been asked to re-write a website for a customer, what are your opinions on putting visitor counter on a website?

Paulie_D

Can’t really say I see any value. Who is really going to care?

I certainly don’t care if I’m the 2,052,367th visitor…it’s a meaningless number.

If the number is low it indicates that the site isn’t popular so there’s a negative impression right there… and so you’d have to set it at some arbitrary high number to offset that… and then the number really is irrelevant.

If the site owner wants to track visitors, there are analytic tools (Google’s is excellent) that do much better job.

Gary Pickles
    Participant

Thank’s for the replys,think I knew the answer to my own question just wanted other opinions, I’m going to go with its a pointless exercise, and we will rely on google analytics to keep any eye on who visits and what they looked at. Used to see these countrs years ago, they don’t just seem as popular these days, and I do take them with a pinch of salt anyway knowing they can be manipulated, thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.