Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Vigilantism on IE is justified..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mikeman

Im using a Social WP plugin for my site
    http://stkgames.com/

and i guess by default theres an issue with its position, but only on the front page..
    so i fixed that, no biggy with
    .home #wdsb-share-box {left:130px !important;}

but now, im IE8 and IE9 the thing is pushed on top of my content.

i added an IE9 specific style sheet.. changed the css for it, and it seems like something is covering it..
    i added a z-index:999 to it.. but nothing happened..
    if you go to my site on IE9 youll see on the far left of the content, a floating social bar thats almost half cut..
    any ideas preas?

thank you

PS: this appears to be the same for IE7 8 & 9

Senff
    Participant

First of all: forcing a left position of 130 pixels looks great! ….if you have a screen resolution width of about 1366 pixels. Any smaller resolution, and the box will be closer to the middle. Any larger resolution, and the box will not be touching your main block.

And then it causes the troubles you mention above (which makes sense because positioning it “fixed” conflicts with the image carousel at the top).

So….don’t fix it that way, cause although it may solve one problem, it creates a couple of new ones.

That’s not IE’s fault, it’s the code itself that’s funky — the Share box code is placed within the carousel on the home page. I’m not sure if that’s what the plugin did or if you placed it there, but it needs to be moved out of the carousel and (probably) somewhere in the CONTENT div (that’s where it is on all other pages, where it does work).

Senff
    Participant

I get the feeling this is just a conflict between the carousel and the share plugins. Disable the carousel, just to see if the social sharing plugin works fine on the home page.

Senff
    Participant

You still have these strange hacks, maybe you should remove that:

.home #wdsb-share-box {
    left:130px !important;
    left:100px !important9;
    z-index:9999;
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.