Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Horizontal scroller as used within Amazon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bernd
    Participant

Hi,

I hope some can help me. I want to include a horizontal scroller as it is used by Amazon when they show their “Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought”. I dont want to have the browser scroller but I want a similar button as it is used here for example (scroll down the page to “: “Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought”):

http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Blues-Musical-Cultural-Mississippi/dp/0140062238/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403165445&sr=1-1&keywords=blues

thanks a lot

Paulie_D
    bernd
    Participant

do I understand it right? I have to but the content to be scrolled in the html line instead of the word “back”?
    … here to place the scrolling content….

Paulie_D

I don’t understand, you said

I dont want to have the browser scroller but I want a similar button.

So do you just want the button or the whole scroller?

One is CSS, the other will require Javascript.

bernd
    Participant
    Paulie_D

I want a solution using a button

That doesn’t actually answer my question.

The ‘left’ button…it’s Amazon’s exact CSS so that’s done. The ‘right’ button is exactly the same with just a different part of the sprite.

If you want the whole scroller function, that’s something different.

Please clarify what it is you actually want.

bernd
    Participant

sorry, English is not my native language. I want the the whole scroller function.
    I apologize for any inconvenience.

Paulie_D

Right…

There are many, many, many pre-built scrollers available so it’s up to you to pick which one you want and customise it.

Google is your friend here.

We’re not a ‘build it for you’ site, we’re a ‘help you solve your problem’ site.

If you find something you like, test it out, perhaps in Codepen and we can help you with anything that you can’t get working.

bernd
    Participant

It did not mean someone should build a scroller for me. My hope was that someone has an idea what pre-built scroller meats my reques or even can give me a hint which keyword I should use.
    I am googling since 2 days using “vertical scroller” “scroller with button” “amazon like scroller” and many things more but I did not find one scroller looking even similar.

Can u suggest better keywords? As I told you, I am no native speaker.

Paulie_D

It’s not a “vertical scroller”…it’s a “horizontal scroller”

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=horizontal+scroller

did not find one scroller looking even similar.

And…as I said, you would have to customise the CSS to whatever look you want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings bernd,

I too was looking for a scroller for my site and had a very difficult time finding anything through Google or any other search. I finally found something, and with help from some on this forum, I finally found a way to adapt one I liked to meet my desires. All I can say is keep looking, but don’t expect to find one “off the shelf” that will meet your needs because you’re likely going to have to move the positions of your scroll buttons, width and height, and a host of other things to meet your specific needs. In the end, you’ll be glad you took the long road and learned how to do all of that.

Have you tried to pick out the code and “back engineer” what is on the amazon site to see how it works? I’ve found that helpful when it’s possible to do so.

Best of Luck!

bernd
    Participant

thanks a lot Paulie_D. The results of your search did it. I will use one of these scrollers:
    http://darsa.in/sly/examples/horizontal.html

I already have changed all the necessary links within the script and now I have to find a way to place a picture, some text and a hyperlink within each placeholder.

Hope I may come back if I do not succeed on my own :-)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.