Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS vertical dotted line between two divs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    linopolus

Hi

currently, I have this piece of html: http://lnpls.de/test.html The problem is, I want this line be as long as the longer of these two divs. As it is now, the line is just as long as the right column, but if this is shorter than the link list on the left, it looks ugly, you can see this if you click on image sources in the footer. Can you help me?

P.S.: Do you know icons for blog and pastebin which would fit into the page?

cpj238

A quick and easy solution to this is to put the border on the #links instead of the #content

That or set a min-height on the #content so it’s always by default as long as you want it to be :)

~ Chris

linopolus

Thanks for your response cpj238. Setting the border to #links will do the same when the #content is longer.
    Assigning a min-height would be a possibility, only I had to recalculate it every time I add something to the #links column.

linopolus

Thanks for your response wolfcry911. I tried the second one, but the problem was somehow on every page I had to set another margin to make it match..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.